Why and when we collect information from you on SALL website
We will respect the following principles in order to protect your privacy:
- we do not collect more information than is necessary;
- we do not use your data for purposes other than those specified;
- we do not keep your data if it is no longer needed;
- we only provide your data to selected third parties for the specific purposes listed below.
- EEA means the European Economic Area (= member states of the European Union + Iceland, Norway, and Liechtenstein).
- Personal Data is any information relating to you (as a data subject) directly or which allows your identification, such as, for example, your name, telephone number, email address, location, etc.
2. Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
This Policy applies to all your Personal Data processed by (or on behalf of): Association Européenne des Expositions Scientifiques, Techniques et Industrielles AISBL, with registered office at Avenue Louise 89/ 7, 1050 Ixelles, registered with the register of legal entities of Brussels having company number 0443.655.135 (herein referred to as “ Ecsite” or “we” or “us”).
Ecsite is responsible for the processing of your Personal Data and will act as data controller.
3. When do we collect your personal data?
We collect your Personal Data, when you:
- visit our website (https://www.schoolsaslivinglabs.eu);
- subscribe to our online newsletter and updates;
- contact us, .e.g. by phone or mail.
4. Processing of your personal data: which personal data do we collect and on which legal grounds will we process your personal data?
Depending on your specific situation – as described here below – you can find an overview of the Personal Data which will be processed, based on which legal ground(s) and for which purpose(s) the Personal Data will be processed.
A. Website visitors
From registered SALL partner organisations (hereinafter referred to as ‘Partners”), it is possible that we receive the following information:
- Email address
- First name
- Family name
- IP address
- Picture / video / audio (as submitted by users)
We process this Personal Data in order to perform the contractual relationship we have with our Partners.
The purposes for which we hold and process the Partners include:
- For the performance of agreements;
- To do user administration;
- To publish video’s and pictures you have chosen to share with SALL;
- When the legitimate interest of our organization requires it (in which case we will communicate this to you)
C. Mail subscribers
We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By subscribing to Open Schooling together mailing list, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices here.
5. Disclosure of your personal data
Depending on the purposes for which we collect your Personal Data, we may disclose it to the following categories of recipients, which will then process your Personal Data only within the framework of these purposes:
a) Within our organisations and our brand environment:
- Our authorised staff members;
- Affiliates organisations.
b) Third party business partners:
- Advertising, marketing and promotional agencies: to help us deliver and analyse the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and promotions;
- Service providers of Ecsite: companies that provide services for or on behalf of Ecsite, for the purposes of providing such services (for example, Ecsite may share your Personal Data with external providers of IT related services, event partners or local hosts of an event);
c) When required by law or as lawfully necessary to protect Ecsite:
Please be aware that third party recipients listed under point b) and c) above –especially service providers who may offer products and services to you through Ecsite services or applications or via their own channels– may separately collect Personal Data from you. In such case, these third parties are solely responsible for the control of such Personal Data and your dealings with them will fall under their terms and conditions.
7. Retention period
Unless a longer retention period is required or justified because of a limitation period or compliance with a legal obligation, we will only keep your Personal Data for as long as necessary for the processing within the aforementioned purposes.
8. Protection of your personal data
We have a set of technical and organisational security measures in place to protect your Personal Data against unlawful or unauthorised access or use, as well as against accidental loss or damage to their integrity. These measures have been designed taking into account our IT infrastructure, the potential impact on your privacy and the costs involved and in accordance with current industry standards and practice.
Your Personal Data will only be processed by a third party if that third party agrees to comply with those technical and organizational data security measures. We ensure that your Personal Data is stored in a sufficiently protected environment and that only the necessary persons have access to your Personal Data.
This website uses so called ‘cookies’. Cookies may be considered as pieces of data which are sent by the web server to your browser who writes these data to the hard disk of your computer. By using cookies, we may offer you a quicker and more efficiently entry to the website. SALL website uses
- Essential cookies: This type of cookies ensure that our website functions properly. They regulate the basic functions such as page navigation, security and load time.
- Functional cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember preferences or choices you made (such as language or region). Their aim is to provide a comfortable browsing experience for you.
- Analytical cookies: These cookies gather information about user demographics and behaviours on the website, in order to monitor the success of our different contents and services and improve them if necessary.
Ecsite gathers information about user demographics and behaviours on the website, in order to monitor the success of our different contents and services and improve them if necessary. We use analytics services developed and operated by another company: Google analytics.
10. Your rights
You have the following rights with regard to your Personal Data:
- Inspection and rectification: you are entitled to inspect your Personal Data. Before we provide your Personal Data, we may ask you for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us so that we can retrieve your Personal Data. If the data we hold about you is incorrect, you can ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the Personal Data.
- Objection against processing: you have the right to object to the (automated) processing of your Personal Data by us if we no longer have the right to use it and, when justified, to require that we delete your data. In particular, you have the right to object free of charge and without any justification to direct marketing (e.g. e-mails).
- The right to restriction of processing: you have the right to request a restriction of the processing of your Personal Data (for example, while checking the accuracy of your Personal Data).
- Right to erasure: you have the right to erase all data relating to you (except in some cases, for example to prove a transaction or when required by law).
- Right to data portability: under certain conditions you have the right to receive your Personal Data that you have provided to us in a customary, structured, machine-readable format and to transfer your Personal Data to a third party of your choice.
- Right to withdraw consent: when your Personal Data are processed on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us via the contact information below. It is our aim to respond to your request within a month.
Please note that the rights as set out above can only be exercised insofar as reasonably possible and allowed by applicable law.
If you do not agree with the way SALL is processing your Personal Data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority:
Rue de la Presse 35,
Tel: +32 (0)2 274 48 00
Fax: +32 (0)2 274 48 35
12. If you have additional questions about the collection, processing and storage of personal data by Ecsite, please contact us at: email@example.com
We have organised a data protection contact point which will handle your questions or requests relating to this Policy, any specific privacy notice, your Personal Data (and its processing).
For any questions or requests or complaints concerning the application of this Policy or to exercise your rights, as described in this Policy, you may contact us at the data protection contact point:
Association Européenne des Expositions Scientifiques, Techniques et Industrielles (Ecsite)
Avenue Louise 89/7
1050 Ixelles (Belgium)
+32 2 649 7383
Finally, please note that you have the right to file a complaint with the Belgian data protection authority:
Data Protection Authority
Rue de la Presse 35
Tel: +32 (0)2 274 48 00
Fax: +32 (0)2 274 48 35