This Living Lab focuses on assisting the community to increase food security. This is an issue of special relevancy in particular during the Covid-19 world pandemic, when a significantly larger population unfamiliar to the welfare system was exposed to food insecurity. To achieve this, several actors will collaborate in the framework of this Living Lab:
- Welfare Department of the Municipality: provide information and usage guidelines on relevant existing databases, portray possible supportive products that can be developed, test them and provide feedback.
- Dietitian: provide information regarding healthy and essential food, in particular to people with underlying conditions (e.g., diabetes).
- Digital application expert: assist the students with the digital aspects of potential solutions (e.g., development of a cell phone app).
- Local grocery or supermarket: a place for investigating the amounts of excess food.
- Leket Israel: This is a non-profit charity organization that serves as a national food bank, the aim of which is to support needy people and supply food that otherwise would be wasted. This organization will provide information on their activity and the methodology for supplying excess food.
National coordinator – ORT Israel